|Grade 11 course selections for 2012-2013|
Similar to last year it is an on-line process. We encourage you to pay the $55 Activity fee on-line with a credit card.
The site will open on Feb 13 and closes on Feb. 24th, 2012. Any changes after this date and once you submit, need to be made by making an appointment in Guidance.
Steps to access the on-line course selections:
1. go to www.niagararc.ca
2. select STUDENT PORTAL
3. click on “Select Your 2012-2013 Courses…”
4. click on Lakeshore Catholic
5. Login using your school username and password
6. Choose your courses –“Submit”
7. Print off the summary of course chosen
8. Pay on-line, or if paying by cheque or cash fees can be given to your period 1 teacher or in person to guidance. Cheques are to be made payable to Lakeshore Catholic High School.
Use the following as guidelines in making your selections:
9. use must choose 6-8 courses
10. you are only eligible for spares if you have completed 24 credits by the end of grade 11
11. 2 courses will be compulsory- Religion, English
12. courses in grade 12 are designated as College (C ), University (U), Mixed (M), Open (O) and Workplace (E)
13. Destination Pathways include: College, University, Apprenticeships and the World of Work
14. Choose electives based on a destination pathway you are considering and any compulsories that may still need to be completed.
15. If you were unsuccessful on the OSSLT you should enroll in OLC40 to complete the requirement and receive a credit.
16. On-line you can use the “VIEW” function to see course descriptors, also you can research by grade, level and subject areas
17. See a guidance counselor by making an appointment if you want assistance in completing your selections.
18. Talk to your teachers and your parents to help you make the correct level choice for your courses.
19. In grade 12 you will be completing an EXIT PLAN with a guidance cousellor to make sure you can graduate on time
20. If you are a SHSM student please make all course selections with Mrs. Griepsma
21. Dual credits at Niagara College are offered but limited space is available see Guidance if you are interested
22. Access college and university admission requirements on their individual websites for up to date information
23. Verification forms will be distributed in April for you to make any course changes and a parental signature is required on the form.
24. Post-secondary institutions often grant admission based on grade 11 and 12 marks
NEW COURSES: TEJ 4M (Robotics), TGP 4M (Photography)
SHSM Considerations and Registrations
This program has a bundling of courses, certifications/training, CLA’s, Co-operative education and offers a RED SEAL on your diploma.
Universities and Colleges are now searching out RED SEAL students for highly competitive programs.
AT LCHS, we have SHSMs in the following sectors:
Horticulture & Landscaping
Hospitality & Tourism
Arts & Culture
Justice & Community Services
If you are interested in registering in a SHSM sector you must see Mrs. Griepsma in Guidance to sign up and have your course selections reflect your program.