|Grade 10 course selections for 2012-2013|
Similar to last year it is an on-line process. We encourage you to pay the $55 Activity fee on-line with a credit card.
The site will open on (TBA) and closes (TBA). Any changes once you submit, need to be made by making an appointment in Guidance.
Steps to access the on-line course selections:1. go to www.niagaracatholic.ca
2. select STUDENT PORTAL
3. click on “Select Your 2012-2013 Courses…”
4. click on Lakeshore Catholic
5. Login using your school username and password
6. Choose your courses – “Submit”
7. Print off the summary of course chosen
8. Pay on-line, or if paying by cheque or cash fees can be given to your period 1 teacher or in person to guidance. Cheques are to be made payable to Lakeshore Catholic High School.
Use the following as guidelines in making your selections:
9. you must choose 8 courses
10. 3 courses will be compulsory- Religion, Math, English
11. Note: courses in grade 11 are no longer leveled at applied, academic, or locally developed. Courses in the senior grades are now designated as College (C ), University (U), Mixed (M), Open (O) and Workplace (E)
12. Destination Pathways include: College, University, Apprenticeships and the World of Work.
13. Choose five electives based on a destination pathway you are considering.
14. An additional credit may be needed in the ARTS/Business/Co-op/Physical Education check your credit counseling sheet.
15. On-line you can use the “VIEW” function to see course descriptors, also you can research by grade, level and subject areas
16. See a guidance counselor by making an appointment if you want assistance in completing your selections.
17. Talk to your teachers and your parents to help you make the correct level choice for your courses.
18. You are not eligible for a spare in grade 11
19. Verification forms will be distributed in April for you to make any course changes and a parental signature is required on the form.
20. Post-secondary institutions often grant admission based on grade 11 marks
NEWER COURSES: TEJ 3M (Robotics) and SVN3M (Environmental Science)
SHSM Considerations and Registrations
This program has a bundling of courses, certifications/training, CLA’s, Co-operative education and offers a RED SEAL on your diploma.
Universities and Colleges are now searching out RED SEAL students for highly competitive programs.
AT LCHS, we have SHSM’s in the following sectors:
If you are interested in registering in a SHSM sector you must see Mrs. Griepsma in Guidance to sign up and have your course selections reflect your program.