|Grade 9 course selections for 2012-2013|
Similar to last year it is an on-line process. We encourage you to pay the $55 Activity fee on-line with a credit card.
The site will open on (TBA) and closes (TBA). Any changes once you submit, need to be made by making an appointment in Guidance.
Steps to access the on-line course selections:
1. go to www.niagaracatholic.ca
2. select STUDENT PORTAL
3. click on “Select Your 2012-2013 Courses…”
4. click on Lakeshore Catholic
5. Login using your school username and password
6. Choose your courses – “Submit”
7. Print off the summary of courses chosen
8. Pay on-line, or if paying by cheque or cash fees can be given to your period 1 teacher or in person to guidance. Cheques are to be made payable to Lakeshore Catholic High School.
Use the following as guidelines in making your selections:
1. you must choose 8 courses
2. 6 courses will be compulsory- Religion, Math, Science, English, History, Civics/Careers(this is equivalent to one credit)
3. Choose two electives. NOTE: if you have not completed an ARTS or PHYSICAL EDUCATION credit in Gr 9 you should consider these for grade 10.
4. you can use the “VIEW” function to see course descriptors, also you can also research by grade, level and subject areas
5. See a guidance counselor by making an appointment if you require assistance in completing your selections.
6. Talk to your Sem 1 teachers and your parents to help you make the correct level choice for your courses.
7. Verification forms will be distributed in April for you to make any course changes and a parental signature is required on the form.