Sparking Life Niagara - Key Messages
- Sparking Life Niagara is a daily, aerobic exercise program which can help students…
o Improve academic performance
o Increase concentration
o Improve self-esteem
o Beat stress
o Improve health and well-being
Lakeshore Catholic High School (Particulars)
- LCHS received approximately $45,000 in Grant money from:
o Jungbunzlauer, A Swiss based International Company which is one of the world's leading producers of natural and nature-identical biodegradable ingredients.
o The Forzani Group Ltd., a national sporting goods retailer in Canada.
- With this money LCHS purchased: 6 Treadmills, 5 Spinning Bikes, 4 Elliptical Machines, 2 Recumbent Bikes, 2 regular Bikes, and 22 Polar Heart-Rate Monitors. *All equipment is ‘commercial grade’ including warranties and maintenance packages.
- Eight teachers attended a 4-Day Sparking Life Workshop in August (Kevin Timmins, Josh Oort, Chris McLean, Lisa Bowers-Young, Meghan Bodis, Kathleen McAllister, Teresa Zwambag, Diana DiPaolo).
- Currently LCHS has 21 students enrolled in the Sparking Life Program.
Lakeshore Catholic High School Spark Program